Our crisis emergency team delivers critical items to babies and children experiencing homelessness; families living in cars/RVs, tent cities and homeless encampments, and shelters. Our ability to deliver critical items in less than 24 hours and serve as a direct service for our families without making them go through a painful referral system or long waiting list is what makes our nonprofit truly unique.
If you see a family with kiddos in need of assistance, please share our crisis emergency number: (866)-442-6443
This is a list of critical items we deliver in emergency and critical situations:
- Diapers/ Pull-Ups (all sizes welcome but we go through sizes 4, 5 and 6 most frequently!)
- Non-expired formula (most brand commonly requested is Similac)
- Baby wipes
- Clothing gift cards (primarily used for underwear and sock needs)
- Grocery/Restaurant gift cards
- Gas cards
- Hotel/AirBnB credits
Connecting those in need to community resources:
- Domestic violence support
- Housing advocates
- Temporary/ Emergency shelters
- Hotel vouchers
If you are looking to donate items not mentioned in the list above (i.e. clothing, toys, strollers, shoes, blankets, high chairs, etc.), please consider donating to our partner provider Eastside Baby Corner. EBC works directly with organizations like BOH, case managers and advocates for families experiencing homelessness or who are low income. We utilize EBC when many of our families secure transitional or permanent housing and are in need of items not classified as ‘survival’ or ’emergency.’ By donating to organizations Eastside Baby Corner, you can be assured your items go to families in need.
Kidz FUN Zone
Kids FUN Zone is an ongoing monthly event held for children currently living at an emergency homeless shelter. Every month we host an arts and crafts event with a theme. The event includes activities ranging from arts and crafts, decorating cookies, face painting, karaoke party, etc. Creative ideas are welcome to alleviate the kiddo’s daily fears and stresses of their current situation; where mom can have a small break and the children can act and feel like kids!
Want to help?
We always welcome donations, volunteers and sponsors!
– Healthy snacks and drinks for ~ 20 kids
– Halloween decor & tablecloths (3 rectangular tables)
– One craft with all supplies necessary (you can either
donate or bring with you if you choose to volunteer, as well).
Volunteers (all ages) to assist with:
– Event set-up begins at 5:30 pm
– Interacting with the kids while facilitating the projects
– Clean-up and tear-down at 7:30 pm
For more information, to donate and/or RSVP to the event, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!