Our crisis response team delivers critical items to babies and children experiencing homelessness; families living in cars/RVs, tent cities and homeless encampments, and shelters. We also connect families in need to community resources, including some of the following:
- Domestic violence support
- Housing advocates
- Temporary/ Emergency shelters
- Hotel vouchers
As far as what we provide and will take, we focus on four fundamental “emergency” items:
- Diapers/ Pull-Ups (all sizes welcome but we go through sizes 4, 5 and 6 most frequently!)
- Baby Wipes
- Non-expired formula (most brand commonly requested is Similac)
- Infant / Toddler Food and Snacks.
In special circumstances, we will provide
For in-kind donations not on this list (i.e. clothing, toys, strollers, shoes, blankets, high chairs, etc.), please consider donating to our partner provider Eastside Baby Corner. We utilize EBC when many of our families secure transitional or permanent housing and are in need of items not classified as ‘survival’ or ’emergency.’
Kidz FUN Zone
Kids FUN Zone is an ongoing monthly event held for children currently living at an emergency homeless shelter. The purpose of the event is to give mom a mini break and alleviate the kiddo’s fears and stresses, simply by virtue of living in a shelter. Each month, a group of volunteers hosts a themed event with activities, including arts and crafts, decorating cookies, face painting, karaoke party, to name a few.
Want to help?
We always welcome donations, volunteers and sponsors!
Volunteers Needed for:
- Event set-up begins at 5:30 pm
- Interacting with the kids while facilitating the projects
- Clean-up and tear-down at 7:30 pm
- Healthy snacks and drinks for ~ 20 kids
- Holiday-themed decor & tablecloths (3 rectangular tables)
- One craft with all supplies necessary (you can either donate or bring with you if you choose to volunteer, as well)
For more information, to donate and/or RSVP to the event, please contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!